About Me

My photo
I am a Creative Communications graduate, with a year of Culinary Arts behind me!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Bannock Step by Step

To start you will need:

Add 4 cups of flour

Add (approx) 1 tbsp sugar
Add (approx) 2 tbps baking powder
My dad uses the larger spoon in the cutlery set as a table spoon
Each spoonful is heaping

Also add a pinch of salt, (approx 1 tsp)

 
 Mix together all dry ingredients
My dad shakes them in the bowl because he feels it mixes it evenly

Mix 3/4 c. water and 1/4 c. oil together

Create a well in the middle of the flour
This is where you will put your liquid ingredients
After adding 1/4. c oil with 3/4 c. water, also add 1 + 1/4 c. more of water

Pour liquid ingredients together and then mix from the inside out
Pull flour from the sides into mixture

Kneed dough inside bowl to start

Take dough out of bowl and put remaining flour on table to continue kneeding

Put dough onto pizza pan and even around the edges

Bake in oven at 400 - 415 F for 25-30 minutes

Let cool for several minutes
It should look like this

Serve with tea, butter, honey or jam!
Enjoy!

Bannock recipe provided by Gary Merasty


-The Littlest Chef

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I've never made bannock before because I never had a recipe. I know it's a simple one but I didn't have one. Now I can make it :D

    ReplyDelete