About Me

My photo
I am a Creative Communications graduate, with a year of Culinary Arts behind me!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Fluffy Bannock

This recipe calls for:

4 c. all purpose flour
2 tbsp (heaping) baking powder
1/4 c. oil (or 14 c. lard)
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 c. water


To prepare:

Preheat oven to 400 F
Mix all dry ingredients together
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients
Mix water and oil together (or lard)
Pour water in middle
Mix from the inside out, slowly pulling more flour mix from the sides into the water, until all mixed
Kneed thoroughly
Put on cookie sheet, and
Put into oven for 25-30 minutes until crust is golden!


Review:

Today is a bit different of review...
I did not actually make this recipe myself. My dad is the bannock maker in the family, so I took a series of pictures of him making it instead. He does not use actual measure equipment, most are guesses. Here is a series of pictures to make:
(coming soon)


Conclusion:

It's delicious and fluffy. My dad has become more health conscious. h\He substitutes lard for oil now, and enjoys using whole wheat flour. However, multipurpose flour makes it far more fluffier.

I also think it tastes just that much better. Enjoy! :)


-The Littlest Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment